The communications team works tirelessly on earned media efforts by promoting owned content and coordinating with networks and institutions on content sharing. The newsroom also monitors the news hourly, working with media on positive stories to promote, and providing information and different opinions when applicable (this area is helping push positive sentiment). The team also built and manages the SME database and works to bring the many voices of the game together so that consistent messages are be used within the industry.
- Currently working with three nationally acclaimed doctors who have expressed interest in being subject matter experts to provide media with a different perspective regarding the CTE and the concussions narrative
- Garnered support from the NFL, all collegiate conferences, numerous college programs and more than half of the NFL teams
- Enlisted support from USA Football, Positive Coaching Alliance, College Football 150, AFCA, LEAD1, CoSIDA, Pop Warner (youth), NFF Chapter Network (high schools), Football Bowl Association, Football Writers Association of America, NACDA, College Football Playoff, and SFIA – as each organization has representation on the Football Matters steering committee to provide strategic direction
- Conducted one of the largest surveys on the game of football
- Placed bylined editorials in several college football programs as several institutions have donated the space