Football Matters’ social media channels served as the initiative’s most direct link to its strategic audiences: Core and Target fans. Original content was delivered on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, reinforcing Football Matters’ key messages through stories told from varying perspectives at all levels of the game. Primarily a video-based content plan, Football Matters’ primary KPI was video viewership, and more specifically video completions, indicating a resonance of the message with the audience. The secondary KPI was social sharing, which represented endorsements of the content and an expansion of organic reach from the new social channels.
- Created more than 400 pieces of content
- Video content has been viewed more than 9 million times
- More than 4.9 million minutes of video viewed in 2018
- 6% social engagement rate
- A 2.6 percent Facebook engagement rate (more than 15x the 2018 average); and 5.9 percent Twitter engagement rate (more than 100x the 2018 average)
- Created original content that is broad, tells a story and engages
- Traveled to 13 different states to gather content
- Conducted more than 450 interviews
- Influencers who have contributed to the campaign include Hall of Famer Troy Aikman, country music artist Kenny Chesney, Tim Brando, Rece Davis, Derrius Guice, and Randy Cross.
- The Aikman campaign included two original videos, each shared to all Football Matters social media channels. Results:
- 44,496 video views across both videos and all four social media channels
- More than 150,000 users reached across all four channels
- Cumulative engagement rate of 3.8% across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Post shares by Aikman on Twitter (1.56M followers) and Instagram (162K followers) enhanced performance and engagement numbers
- Aikman’s share on Instagram resulted in an additional 72,479 video views and 10,969 likes.